Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Doodles With Friends

Photobucket
When we found out we were going to be spending Christmas in the mountains with some of our speech and debate families, I knew I wanted to do something special for our host family's daughters. Kali and their two are great friends! so I wanted to make it special.
Photobucket
I contacted Rick over at Organized Doodles and requested name doodles. What a fun idea! I told Rick a little bit about each girl - what they were like, what their interests were, basically why all three are special individuals. And, Rick took that information and made these awesome doodles.
Photobucket
I couldn't wait. As soon as we got to the mountains, we broke out the packages and let the girls have them. What fun! They loved seeing their names drawn up by a professional. They looked for special elements in their own, then looked for elements that were in all three, and finally they had to be introduced to Eggy :) - my favorite part of any of Rick's doodles.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So, thanks, Rick! for making our Christmas visit special! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

(Please check out Rick's blog here.

1 comments:

Rick said...

Thanks you Alice for the kind words and the great post. I love it. I love the photos, and I really appreciate the links. All the girls look like lovely creatures and I am very glad that they like their Name Doodles. I really do have a lot of fun making them. I am looking forward to my girls seeing theirs.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.