Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tropical Storm Debby

Photobucket
This is a test. I am trying to figure out how to post photos from my iphone onto my blog. I think it's going to work - yay!


So. We had a little storm blow through. Actually, Tropical Storm Debby came through and it sat on Florida for hour after hour after hour. It's been raining for so long now. We headed out to check on our horses this morning. This is the main gate leading into the pasture. Mark is standing in water about 9-10 inches deep.
Photobucket
(Instagram picture - hence the frame. Sorry.) Then you move into the fields. What a mess!
Photobucket
Back by the barn is a section of ground that is dry. That's where we moved the horses to. They are now in the back pasture with my donkeys. 
Photobucket
Sadly, this is the road we had to drive down to get to our property. Not even kidding.
Photobucket
That's Scott and a buddy riding a 4-wheeler through the water. There's one place where they lost the 4-wheeler underwater.
Photobucket
Climbing out of the hole in the road. Seriously, it was waist deep there in the middle. What a mess! I've never seen this much water up around the houses and fields. And it's still raining. It's supposed to rain every day this week. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like come Saturday.


All these pix were taken with my phone. Hopefully the quality is acceptable. I didn't want to risk my nice camera out around all the water. Now, back to the art process!

1 comments:

Nana said...

Wow it really is wet. This has been a week hasn't it? Is your house doing ok now through all this rain? I hope you got the problem fixed and are not having anymore problems there. Hope the horses are going to be ok too. Gosh and to think a few weeks ago we were praying for rain. God always answers in His way and sometimes gives us much more than we even asked for.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.