Monday, March 16, 2009

Under the Sea

The above shots of jellyfish were taken recently at the Florida Aquarium. Jason and I spent a morning there taking pictures. It was really hard taking photos through the aquarium walls with all the lights and background shining on the tanks. I loved the jellies - pulsating, floating up and down.

It's time to start making reservations in the Keys for lobster season. Sorry guys!
Brine shrimp. They had a close-up lens so you could see them better. (They were still miniscule.) That's what the circle is. Aren't you glad they zoomed the shot in with the magnifying glass - lol!
I loved the colors of the corals and the sea anemones.
This guy is a leafy sea dragon from Australia. This was my favorite sealife at the aquarium. (I am sorry for all the background stuff in the shot.) His head is to the left as you look at the photo. He is a member of the seahorse family.
Yes, they have normal fish at the aquarium as well. Above, Jason is getting a few shots. Hopefully he will post some at his blog, The Rain Falls Gently.
A Florida soft-shell turtle.
What you can't tell from this picture is that this turtle was about four feet long. He was really cool to watch.
And then you have ducks...the ones that cooperate and just sit there so you can take pictures of them. That would not be the ones swimming away or running to hide behind the bushes.
You know how I am about flowers :O). These were outside behind the aquarium and I just couldn't resist. Thanks for visiting the Florida Aquarium with us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! Your pictures turned out beautifully. When I attempt to take pictures at an aquarium, I usually end up with a bright flash or blurry photos. We went to a spring flower show recently and enjoyed the pretty flowers.

Nana said...

I love these photo's. Sea creatures are so interesting. I love flower pictures too.

Melissa Weisbard said...

Great photos! Especially since you were taking them through the glass. I know how difficult that can be. I'm still trying to perfect that process myself.

Awesome photos.

FeeBeeKay said...

I just love these photos Alice - you are so skilled at this!! The colours are incredible - I adore the starfish and the jelly fish ones - they don't look like they are real, the colours are so amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

Thanks for visiting and leaving the kind comment.

I absolutely love your aquarium pictures -- they are fabulous! Thanks for sharing.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.