Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Capture Reflections

I am taking part in a new challenge this week called You Capture. You can find the link to this photography blog here. The challenge this week was to take a photo highlighting a reflection, any kind of reflection. I wanted to do something out-of-the-box, something not water-related. Here is my result:
I got this idea when my husband and I started to watch Eagle Eye on DVD. The reflection on the back of the DVD was perfect. Kali and I headed out to the backyard and took a bunch of photos.
Then I started thinking about the reflection, and wanted to make it the focal point of my photo. So, I went into Picasa and edited the remainder of the photo into a blur, leaving the focus on the DVD reflection. I was really pleased with the results. Then, Kali and I started playing with regular CDs. You can see the results of those photos in my last post. Feel free to check out the You Capture challenge and join us next week.

12 comments:

Stillmary said...

What a good idea! I like what you did with Picasa too. Nice work!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Perfect! Great job!

swonderful said...

Very cool idea, and great job!

My 7 month old daughter's name is Alice, by the way. :)

Cassie said...

Good idea! I like the edited version as well.

J said...

Great idea!

Crazy Babs said...

Great capture. Nice way to edit your image to give it greater depth.

Christy M. said...

Picassa is wonderful! You did an excellent job with your capture this week!

Amy J said...

Wonderful!

AnnG said...

Cool idea...thanks for coming to visit my site and commenting on my photo! I love how us homeschoolers will count fun things like this as educational -- science at its finest!

akawest said...

Neat idea!

FeeBeeKay said...

I love these pictures Alice, they are like the other ones you posted with the trees reflected in them and they have stuck in my head every since I saw them! So original!

Fiona x

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Very cool idea, Alice!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.