Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jesus Is Alive

I am taking a post I already listed and making additions. These are photos of the 19th Annual Lake Area Easter Pageant, that we put on at our church. Some of the pictures are from a dress rehearsal and some are from the Easter Night performance. The program started with a prophecy by Isaiah.

The scrim room is literally above the choir. The last supper and this scene are done there. The thin, gauzy covering over the front of the room gives an almost dream-like quality. Here Gabriel is telling Mary that she will have a son, Jesus, and He will be the Messiah. The song was The Lord is With You.
Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. Christ is Born.
The marketplace scene during Jesus' earthly ministry.
Jesus performs a miracle for the woman who reached out in faith and touched his garment.
Judas is selling out Jesus to Caiaphas for 30 pieces of silver.
Jesus' last supper with the disciples.
Jesus in the garden praying to the Father. A soloist singing Not My Will while Jesus is praying. My favorite words in the song? I'll love you to Calvary.
Jesus being condemned...
...and turned over to Pilate for a decision on His fate.
The crowd pleads with Pilate to crucify Jesus -
my least favorite part of my role as a choir member. Now condemned to death, the Roman soldiers are nailing Jesus to the cross He is to die on.
The soldiers raising Jesus on the cross.
The soldiers keep watch.
Jesus says: "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.
It is finished."
They remove Jesus' body from the cross
and place Him in the tomb...
...but He doesn't stay there. In three days Jesus stepped out of the tomb, very much alive and victorious.
A soloist, a trio, and the choir sing "May We Never Forget" the cross and the blood, the price that was paid so that we might live.
This is our wonderful Pastor extending an invitation for everyone to accept Jesus as their Savior and to make Him - Lord of their life.
The sounding of the Shofar. The call for the saved to go home, to the Father and to Jesus.
A soloist, all the children, and the choir singing All Praise Unto the Lamb. A song of praise and worship, depicting the eternal praise that we will be giving in heaven.
A processional of banners and the crowns of life, an offering to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
Jesus, seated on the throne.
Crown bearers.
The grand finale. All praise unto the Lamb, that sits on the throne. Honor, and power, dominion, and praise, unto the Lamb who was, and is, and is to come. Hallelujah! Happy Easter to you and your family. May God bless you in this season!

11 comments:

luke and wyatt's mom said...

Thanks for sharing these Alice! I haven't seen the performance from that perspective in many years! These are great! (This is Luke's first year in it-he said he likes being the Easter Pageant!)

Patti said...

Amen!
The Lord is risen indeed!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and sharing this performance with us. Such a blessing to have met you thru your blog. I wish you and your family a lovely Easter Alice.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I recently had someone to tell me that if I changed my comment option to Pop-up instead of embedded at the bottom of the post, it makes it easier for people to comment. You might want to try that - so far it has worked for me.

daynagonzalez said...

These are awesome! I'd love to see it from the audience's perspective for once, too!

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Great pictures Alice!! I was able to see the performance last year, and this brought back so many of the details I had forgotten! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

your pictures are great! they capture the essenece of worship during the pageant. keep up the good work on your photography. did you place in that contest we voted on?

luke and wyatt's mom said...

I'm glad you added a few more...I was completely enthralled with Carl each night as he spoke the words of Isaiah-he did such a great job! Everyone did great! As always, I'm tired from all the work but still sad it's all over-can't wait for next year! Thanks again for sharing these :)

Nana said...

Great pictures. It was an awesome performance. It took me awile to find you, but I finally did.

Florida Girl said...

They all look great Alice and I look forward to being back next year.

daynagonzalez said...

The silhouette of Mark is a neat one, too! Great job!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.