Thursday, April 16, 2009

A "Rustic" You Capture

When I saw the challenge this week was "rustic," I wanted to head out and take photos of old barns and broken down farms. Unfortunately, we had a death in the family and I couldn't get out at all. I took pictures of this little country church a couple months ago and never posted them. I know the purpose of the challenge is to get us out and about using our cameras, so please excuse this one exception. Welcome to Trinity Episcopal Church - my rustic example for this week's challenge.

With my blog title being The Shadow of the Cross, I am always on the lookout for interesting crosses. This little hand-carved cross was the main reason I stopped to take pictures here. The church is beautiful sitting up under all the shade trees. Wonderful, well taken care of grounds. Beautiful landscaping. Lots of love and care goes into the upkeep of this facility.
If you have followed my blog for any length of time, you already know that I will stop anytime/anywhere to take pictures of stained glass. The above shot would be prettier with light shining through (the building was locked up tight,) but you can see even from this shot how beautiful it would be with the sun shining through. I can just imagine sitting inside on an old wooden bench, listening to the choir singing and Pastor James preaching, with the light of heaven shining in through these stain-glassed windows. Wow! Wouldn't that be glorious?
And, of course, the obligatory flower shot :O). You know how I love taking pictures of flowers. This little beauty was blooming right there on the church grounds. How fortunate for me :O). I hope you have enjoyed my little "rustic" church post. To catch more rustic photos from some great photographers, head on over to You Capture.

22 comments:

Heather D said...

Beautiful and serene! Great job :)

Suburban Girl said...

Oh, I stop anywhere to take pictures of church doors...funny isn't it? Stained glass makes so much more sense. Love your pics.

Lois Christensen said...

What beautiful pictures. Love the church. As a little girl we would often stop and look at churchs...after all my dad was a pastor!!!

Allie said...

I think that they are beautiful pictures; so peaceful yet inspiring. I am sorry to hear that your family is dealing with the loss of a loved one. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Thanks for stopping by, and yes, I do plan on taking my munchkins back and having them pose for me ... now that I have more time. :)

Amy @ Cheeky Cocoa Beans said...

Beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing them!

Mom24 said...

Beautiful. I especially love the cross.

tiarastantrums said...

lovely - I wanted to get over to our old church as well but the weather was not cooperating

Brittany said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! Great job on the pictures.

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Love the photos!

InTheFastLane said...

nice job!

Amy J said...

Lovely. I love old churches.

Stillmary said...

I did enjoy your rustic church post. Your pictures are very beautiful and well-detailed. And the flowers were the perfect finishing touch!

akawest said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your pictures are lovely.

Christy M. said...

Great captures! Very nice details and color!

audrey said...

You did a great job with this week's theme. I like it!

Mominin said...

Beautiful pictures! That is the cutest church. It looks so quaint...and is definitely rustic! Thanks for stopping by.

Mom 2 Four said...

What great photos of the church and the flower is gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

Hi Alice! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and inviting me over to yours. Always great to make new friends, and ones who blog to glorify Jesus, well, that's the best!!

Awesome pictures. I love pictures of old churches and am so glad to be back in the midwest/south again. There are tons of barns and churches to view on scenic Sunday afternoon drives. I just love it.

So sorry to hear about the death in your family recently. I pray that God's comforting peace will be with you all.

See you next week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! They're so bright and spring-y. I really love old buildings. And churches are always so beautiful. Wonderful captures!

BTW, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I will say a prayer for you and your family tonight. *hugs*

Unknown said...

love the church pictures!

sunnymama said...

Beautiful pictures of a totally charming little rustic church. Lovely!

Shae said...

nice job. it looks just like a little church by my parents house.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.