Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday's Update

Nothing good happened today. Still, we rejoice here in Fayetteville at the NCFCA Regional Competition. Although Kali did an incredible job with her speech, she did not qualify for Nationals. She is OK with that though. Kali is just thrilled to have made it this far in her first year, and thrilled to have this opportunity.

Also, I just got word about an hour ago that my father-in-law had just passed away. We are just devastated with this news. Both children were able to be present with him and to help ease him into an eternity with Jesus. Papa was saved and he loved the Lord. Funeral arrangements are being made at this time. Mark has asked me to keep Kali and stay here in Fayetteville until the end of the tournament, which is tomorrow. We will be heading home as soon as the awards program is over. By staying until then I will be able to bring one of the granddaughters home with me (she lives here near Fayetteville) so she can attend the funeral. It's been a rough, roller-coaster couple of weeks with Papa's wife dying, making new living arrangements for him, and now his passing as well.

Please pray for safe travels for Kali, myself, and my niece. I don't drive well at night, so I could really use the prayers for alertness and safety. Also, please pray for Mark and Sandy as they learn how to continue without their father. Thank you for all your prayers up till now. Thanks for the wonderful comments you leave for me. I love each of you and thank God for such marvelous friends as you.

5 comments:

FeeBeeKay said...

Dearest Alice, we will keep all your family in our prayers over the coming days. Please be assured of our thoughts and know that we are praying for strength for you all, and for the Lord to keep you especially close to him on your journey. Godspeed sweet Alice, and much love from Northern Ireland tonight. Fiona x

Whitney said...

Praying for you guys! Love y'all!

Florida Girl said...

Love you Alice, Kali and guys! I am praying for safety as you drive tonight.

Nana said...

Alice,
So sorry to hear about your father in law. Will be praying for you all to have a safe trip back home and peace for all of you during this time of loss. Kali, I am proud of you for how well you did. Your first year and you made it as far as you did. You should feel very pleased. Love you all.
Prayers are with you.

Melissa Weisbard said...

Alice, I'm very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for your family. I know finding joy right now may be difficult, but you can have peace in the knowledge that your father-in-law is now spending eternity in paradise with our Creator. Although you will miss him, he is safe in the hands of the Lord. God Bless!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.