Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Has Sprung at the Manor

Yep, that would be my mom. Did I tell you she absolutely loves where she is living? Mama loves the staff, she loves her friends, and she loves all the activities. She really enjoys doing things for people and she enjoys bringing a smile to their faces. I am told she started her day off today by wearing these sunglasses my nephew gave her - throughout the building. Gotta love it!

Everywhere you look there are signs of spring and of Easter. Above, Mama is blowing bubbles from an Easter carrot at the front desk. All the countertop toys belong to other lady - lol!
The nice lady in the middle is the activities director. She's a hoot! Such a fun lady. She always decorates the Manor very brightly and makes it a fun place to be. Mama loves her.
Mom and I walked the halls and checked out various spring and holiday door decor. These were my favorites.
I just happened to catch mom doing her arobics class. I hadn't actually seen that before. It was pretty cool how they all stayed in time. They looked so graceful.
I walked around the grounds a bit and took a couple photos there also.
The Manor is beautiful this time of year - both inside and outside. Flowers are starting to bloom, the grass is green, the water in the ponds are up, and the geese are out in full force :O). Tomorrow I will post another set of photos to show you some of the lake area.

8 comments:

Florida Girl said...

Hi Alice. This is my official response to your recent note. Aren't you impressed with me that it is only 100 years late?? LOL

Send me an email and let me know the next day that you have some time to "come out and play" with cameras in hand.

Jaime said...

Great photos of Mom. It is great that you found a place that cares for her truly. She looks really happy. Have a wonderful weekend. Loving thoughts. Jaime

Caseybumpinalong said...

How wonderful that your mom found such a happy place to be! I love your photos! Thanks for sharing. Your post made my day. :)

Susie Homemaker said...

Your Mom really looks happy...what beautiful grounds...

Blessings,
Susie

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, that is hilarious! Looks so sweet and fun.

Steph

Divamom said...

I wish every retirement home looked this nice! Your mom and the other ladies look like they are having so much fun! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

Be Blessed!
~Chondra

FeeBeeKay said...

Hi Alice, your Mum looks like a really lovely lady - that must be where you get it from!!! I love that gorgeous Easter garland with the eggs too!!!

Anonymous said...

What lovely shots, Alice!
Blessings to you this Holy Week.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.