Sunday, October 25, 2009

You Capture Thursday - Several Days Late :)



This week's You Capture challenge is technology. I wasn't going to post this week because I hadn't taken any appropriate photos. As I was looking through the other postings, I noticed that no one had posted shots of a Kindle.

Currently this is my favorite piece of technology. My son got me hooked on the Kindle. It is a digital book reader sold at amazon.com. You can purchase books online and download them direct to your Kindle. It stores up to 1,500 books. Amazon has many free books, such as most of the classics, that you can download for free. I have the complete works of Shakespeare.

I just finished reading this (for the 3rd time). The movie is coming out in a couple weeks, so I wanted to freshen my memory :O). Kali and I are going to the opening with a group of friends from Kali's work. Who do you vote for? Team Edward? or Team Jacob?

To view some awesome technology photos, head on over to I Should Be Folding Laundry.

11 comments:

Jason Hendon said...

You have the complete works of Shakespeare, but lets put Twilight up there instead >.>

Alice said...

uh, it's more timely? lol!

MaddyChristine Hope-Brokopp said...

I like that you posted this! I didn't know about the Kindle so I loved reading this. I might get one.....

Lois Christensen said...

I would love one of these! Especially when we go on vacation and the books I bring with us always weigh me down!! Great shots!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I've wondered about the kindle...but there is just something about *holding* the book in my hands!

Frogmum said...

neeeet!

Jenn said...

You have a kindle- lucky girl! Sony also has a version of this, but I am so in love with the Kindle.

I need to start rereading New Moon- loved the series and can't wait for the movie to come out. I was a late bloomer and just read the series last winter.

You commented on my car remote..I do not know how I servived without it during cold weather; also good for those really hot days! Another plus..it acts as a car alarm and notifies me when the car gets "bumped".

What will they think of next?!

Jenn said...

Forgot- I am on Team Edward!

Kathy Campbell said...

Depends on what the team is for. Team Jacob as a character and who I would pick, but Team Edward for Bella.

I love e-books. I read them on my iPhone, but love love love them!

Shay said...

Great job. Love the Twilight series, have read them quite a few times myself. Love your shots.

Martha said...

I want a Kindle. SANTA, can you hear me?



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.