Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sam, Shannon - Here's Some More :)

Photobucket
I was talking with my nephew Sam on the cell phone today and he told me that he and his wife enjoyed the picture I posted of Cedar Key. (See my last post.) I laughed because I only had time to edit those two shots before my mom got sick and I had to leave home.
Photobucket
Well, I am home for the night and thought I'd post a few more. This is the street along the waterfront of Cedar Key. (Actually the street is shown in the next photo, but I am too tired to fix it.)
Photobucket
Many of the shops have closed up since we were last there. I was really disappointed.
Photobucket
There's always something incredible to see down by the waterfront.
Photobucket
This is my favorite place - hands down! I love Frog's Landing! The sign is a little worse for wear since our last trip, but nothing had changed with the menu!
Photobucket
The decorations are awesome and definitely in keeping with the area.
Photobucket
Except maybe for this guy - lol!
Photobucket
This is their staircase leading up to the second floor where Frog's is located. (Actually, I took this shot coming out - so it is the staircase leading down from Frog's to street level :).)
Photobucket
I love the colors . . .
Photobucket
. . . and all the lines. And the crab bisque! And the chicken/walnut/grape/raisin/pineapple/cranberry salad. Yummo!
Photobucket
Then there are other restaurants and empty buildings.
Photobucket
Photobucket
As you move along the waterline, you start to see places like this. Little houses dotting the waterways here and there. Fishing shacks - really not much more to them than that.
Photobucket
It was a calm day as you can tell by the reflections in the water.
Photobucket
And every once in awhile, you get the chance to see something incredible. Like this. Cedar Key - in the summer. It's the place to be.
Photobucket
This is also my You Capture post for this week. We were able to post photos of anything special to us. To see some more - just visit I Should Be Folding Laundry.

6 comments:

Kathy Campbell said...

That first image? It looks like it should be in National Geographic. Gorgeous!

Rick said...

Excellent. I love the first one of the seagull launching himself. I agree with Mrs Soup, fit for the NG,

Scarlett said...

Hello Alice, Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment. Your photos are BEAUTIFUL ill be coming back to visit for sure, wow the staircase, lovely colors.

btw im from Peru also just like your little girl, she's a cutie.

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos! absolutely fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Reflections and Renegades said...

I LOVE LOVe the photos of the colored fence.

You are very talented!

Kel-C said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!

I just wanted to tell you that I love the picture of the colorful fence - so bright!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.