Sunday, July 20, 2008

They Are Heroes

Recently we spent time with these friends celebrating the young man's birthday. They are a great family - they have a loving, devoted mom, and their dad is a hero in my eyes. He fought in the middle east war and currently goes back and forth to Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. If I remember right he does repairs and maintenance on the military aircraft. It seems to me he spends most of the year in Afghanistan, and part of the year here with his family. He is gone for months at a time. The dishes for the birthday party were red, white and blue, stars and stripes. This is one patriotic family. Thanks to your whole family - for the sacrifices you make to keep us safe. I know it isn't easy being left behind here while your dad and husband travels half way around the world. Thank you for being willing to make that sacrifice for me and my family. We love you - each of you :)

0 comments:



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.