Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Days Gone By

Photobucket
Today I was wandering around downtown looking for something (anything) to take some pictures of. As I took a glance down the track I saw this train. Just sitting with its lights on. Waiting. Not moving.
Photobucket
So I walked over to the crossing arms and took this shot. A gentleman walked up. I noted his name tag said he was the vice-president of Santa Fe College. He told me the trains run through downtown every twenty minutes. That would explain why my train was just sitting there. So I waited.
Photobucket
Pretty soon I was rewarded with this. The slow approach of the train with blaring horns. You can't tell, but I was standing inside the crossing arm, but ready to step back out as soon as I got the picture. The train was barely moving. Honest.
Photobucket
As it came closer I kept clicking.
Photobucket
And clicking.
Photobucket
And clicking.
Photobucket
You get the idea.
Photobucket
Then I came home and started playing in photoshop. This set reminds me of the seventies. If you care, I used pioneer woman's action set #1, and ran the actions Lovely and Ethereal, followed by Soft and Faded, to achieve these results.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then, I tried Pioneer Woman's Action Set #2, and ran the actions Heartland, followed by Sepia, to get these results. Remiscent of the old days.
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Maybe not the crossing arms.)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Of course, I am sure they didn't have the whole tagging thing going on in the old days :). I had fun photographing the train and the conductor waved to me as he passed, and tooted the whistle. Yay!!!

4 comments:

Caseybumpinalong said...

Great, great shots!

Anonymous said...

good job on the pictures

Nana said...

Who would think to take pictures of a train. They look great. Glad you didn't get run over by it.

Florida Girl said...

Love these Alice and enjoyed all of your different effects on them.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.