Thursday, September 4, 2008

God Gave Us Clovers So We Could Remember His Love

Those of you who know us well, know that for the past nine years Kali and I have been extremely active in 4-H. I started two new clubs and was a leader for seven years. Kali has been in at least eight different clubs, plus County Council. Several years ago, in honor of 4-H, my dad potted some clover in a little clay pot and gave it to Kali. We brought it home and sat it on the porch, thinking to plant it later. Overnight, the kittens knocked it over. We scooped it all up and put it back in the pot and sat it off to one side of the porch. Next, a strong storm came through and spread the clover and potting soil all over the flower bed next to our porch, so badly that we could not put it back into the pot this time. The little clover pieces on the ground shriveled up and died. I didn't think anymore about that clover until a couple months ago. I noticed, in that little space between our porch and deck, that there was clover growing inside an old pot just lying there on the ground. As I've watched it, the clover has just kind of spilled out of the pot and is overflowing onto the ground.

Where am I going with this? It reminds me of all the times I've let my life get out of hand because I didn't do what I was supposed to. Because I didn't tend to my life, my spiritual life, the way God wanted me to. Then, when I least expect it, God gets my attention and He fills my life up full, and overflowing, just like this little bit of clover. God expects me to tend to my spiritual life, just like my earthly dad expected Kali and I to tend to this little pot of clover. Thankfully God doesn't give up on me, the way we gave up on the clover. He's always right there...loving me and caring for me.

0 comments:



Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click on photos to enlarge them to full screen.